After 1 year, I found out I have Candida (Thrush) “down there” in my private area. What is the cure?

January 29th, 2013 by Emily

Question: After 1 year, I found out I have Candida (Thrush) “down there” in my private area. What is the cure?
Please help

I am uncircumcised.

I have thrush on my p e n i s head, in my urethra, and under my foreskin.

What cures this? How to get rid of it? Please help.

The physician only prescribes ointments which do nothing.

Best answer:

Answer by t_blond_chick
Women can purchase off the shelf ointment for yeast infections/otr there’s always the lotion for athletes foot and jock itch,they are the same,but maybe different strengths? Keep things very dry and clean,and since it is contagious,abstain until it’s cured,and have your partner checked out.You might have to use ointment for quite a while.

Add your own answer in the comments!

No related posts.

Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.

4 Comments on “After 1 year, I found out I have Candida (Thrush) “down there” in my private area. What is the cure?”

  1. Beery says:

    Monistat 1-day (it’s an over-the-counter treatment for vaginal yeast infection) will cure it. Male yeast infection can be more difficult to treat than female yeast infection, so you apply it once, and then re-apply the next day. This will do the trick if it’s really a yeast infection.

    I would also advise you to see a different doctor, just in case the first doctor is wrong.

    By the way. you’re lucky to have a foreskin in this case – circumcised men can get yeast infections without any symptoms, and they can develop into a chronic problem.

  2. James says:

    Hey, I got to experience first hand how this feels. There are two treatment options are available:

    - Topical treatments – you can buy creams that contain anti-yeast substances such as clotrimazole at the drug store or grocery store without a prescription.

    - Tablets like Fluconazole (trade name is Diflucan) are more convenient but prescription is usually needed to obtain them.

  3. Funamali says:

    It’s possibly a fungus like athlete’s foot, called dhobi’s itch, jock itch, scrot rot, etc. (Latin: Tinea cruris).
    Applying vinegar gets rid of such things almost instantly. It may sting slightly.
    Leave it on for a minute or two, then rinse off, but remember to soak your pants in it too for about 5 minutes before rinsing.
    Use apple cider vinegar to avoid staining the pants.
    If this does not work, there would be another reason and a visit to your doc would be the answer.

  4. SimplyHormones says:

    I know for women they can apply plain yoghurt into the vaginal area. Try it, you’ve nothing to lose – I suggest you apply overnight. Do not keep washing the area as this will make things worse. Follow the link – I’ve only just finished blogging about this (for women).

Leave a New Comment

Please leave these two fields as-is:

Protected by Invisible Defender. Showed 403 to 119,539 bad guys.