Penile Yeast Infection treatments.?

April 3rd, 2011 by Emily

Question: Penile Yeast Infection treatments.?
Hello, about 4 days ago my bf and I had sexual intercourse and the very next day we both seem to have gotten a yeast infection. I’ve had them before so I know I have it, but during the 7 years Ive been with my bf, this is the first time Ive seen him have one. His head is red and theres a rash on it that he states is itchy. Around the ring of his head is dry and peeling. He states it hurts when he pulls his skin back (he IS circumcised) Im assuming he has a Penile Yeast infection from the symptoms Ive looked up, problem is, I cant find anything on treatments. We cant afford to go to a physician as we just went for me because I had Pharyngitis and they prescribed me meds, so were still payin for that (no insurance or money) I usually drink water and cranberry juice for my yeast infections but what are some home treatments that work for MALE yeast infections. I would like some advice from the male part since you guys would know best if uve had one before. But any advice is wanted
I just feel bad for him :( it looks horrible and painful. And hes scrubbing it with a wash cloth making the skin look raw. which I dont think is helping.

Best answer:

Answer by Karin H
Try applying Monistat directly to the surface of the penis to cure yeast infections. Most state it works fine. Water and vinegar baths also help!!

Add your own answer in the comments!

No related posts.

Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.

2 Comments on “Penile Yeast Infection treatments.?”

  1. Dippy says:

    Last summer I had a rash under my breasts (I’m female). I thought it was because it was summertime and I was sweating more and I thought it was because of my bra rubbing. My doctor said it was a yeast infection. She said it could be treated by any anti-fungal cream. That means products for jock itch or athletes foot should work. The Wal-Mart brand is called Equate and is an anti-fungal cream. It worked for me.

  2. jglopezjr83 says:

    I had the same thing before, and my doctor prescribed me an over the counter topical cream. It’s called Clotrimazole 1%, this cream which is also used for athletes foot. You don’t have to buy the expensive brand, I have learned, everything is the same, just with brand names. Cheapest one should cost you about 5-6 bucks. Hope this answer helps you…

    (just apply it to the affected area, don’t rub it in like lotion, just apply it, but in a even layer)

Leave a New Comment

Please leave these two fields as-is:

Protected by Invisible Defender. Showed 403 to 119,541 bad guys.